Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Injection Molding Process Engineer will be responsible for monitoring and correction of the preform process in the injection molding department.
- Monitors all process changes in the injection molding department.
- Performs root cause analysis on any process changes implemented.
- Maintain and monitor machine cycle time based on process capabilities.
- Monitors heldware and scrap then develops corrective actions to ensure that plant targets are achieved.
- Monitors QAUTO and SPC data daily and reacts accordingly.
- Works closely with R & D Center on any new project qualifications for the injection molding department.
- Works closely with CQA on any new upcoming products for the injection molding department.
- Responsible for new preform / mold qualifications.
- Responsible for reductions in energy consumption.
- Monitors mold cavitation and implements corrective actions when needed.
- Monitors regrind consumption, virgin materials, and overall blends to ensure consistency and reports on how it impacts the process capabilities.
- Monitors Mean Time Between Failure and develops corrective actions to prevent / reduce equipment downtime.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Develops and performs training courses for the workforce.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards in the conversion department.
- Maintains an open line of communication with all members of the workforce.
- Responsible for standardizing the processing role across Plastipak Packaging, Inc.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Initiate action for food safety issues
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Plastics Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or a similar technical area preferred or previous experience accepted.
- Team oriented.
- Must be able to manage processes for SPC, Quality, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Self - Motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate level of computer skills.
- Must be able to build a strong working relationship with all levels of the workforce as well as the customers.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website