Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Line Leader Mezz is responsible for efficient operation of assigned mezzanine area.
- Responsible for monitoring all current corrugate orders on mezzanine.
- Orders corrugate in advance of need or order change by contacting warehouse raw materials driver.
- Posts corrugate scrap and reconciles PSA shortages daily.
- Responsible for accuracy of order changes as it relates to corrugate.
- Communication liaison between mezzanine and production floor personnel as it relates to production needs.
- Relays attendance and staffing status to cell leader on daily basis.
- Assists in scheduling Mezzanine Technicians for breaks and lunches.
- Communicates order changes, production needs, etc. to appropriate Mezzanine Technicians.
- Communicates mezzanine issues/concerns to Cell Leader.
- Knowledge of specific area's reliability, quality, scrap and safety goals.
- Follows and enforces all company and local work rules, safety rules and policies, BOS work instructions and SAP standards and activities.
- Maintains housekeeping and GMP standards.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Basic mechanical knowledge as verified by pre-hire or pre-promotion screening, testing, transcripts, and/or references.
- Basic computer skills as verified by pre-hire or pre-promotion testing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as verified in interview process.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website