Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking driven Process Technicians for all of our manufacturing sites. You would be responsible for the operation of our automated injection and/or blow molding equipment.
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the designated work area.
- Monitors and performs necessary setting adjustments, and records all changes.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements.
- Has working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer requests.
- Performs quality control checks, and helps maintain customer requirements, according to specifications in bottle weights and various dimensions.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Completes Work Orders and other related documentation in computer and log books, according to BOS Work Instructions.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Team oriented.
- Self motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Work overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training.
- Previous Experience in Plastics Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or a similar technical area preferred. Background manufacturing experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or GED
- Regularly stand / walk up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to bend, reach and move around facility.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to work on aerial platforms up to 20 ft.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website