Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Machine Operator/Production Technician is responsible for the quality and efficiency of production on the assigned production line. The position is responsible for setting up and operating their assigned production equipment and making necessary adjustments and mechanical repairs in a safe, efficient manner.
- Operates assigned equipment to make plastic bottles and containers.
- Completes machine adjustments, repairs and troubleshoots equipment to ensure efficient machine operation.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment as assigned. Completes or assists with product changeovers.
- Operates related production equipment, including labelers, trimmers, palletizers, stretch wrappers, banding machines, and other related equipment.
- Performs work in a safe manner and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures, including Lock Out / Tag Out procedures.
- Responsible for product quality.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices GMP rules. Responsible for maintaining high standards relating to area housekeeping.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action. Initiate action for food safety issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- An Associate's Degree in Industrial Technology, related field of study or relevant work experience (minimum of 2 years) is preferred.
- Must be able to work Night Shifts.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to provide basic tools.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website