Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Material Handler responsible for the moving and storage of finished goods. The Material Handler is also responsible for loading product for customer orders.
- Safe operation of a lift truck in both warehouse and production areas
- Loading, unloading, storage, and movement of materials through warehouse and/or production areas
- Performs all required scanning functions required for the movement of raw materials and finished goods using RF Scanning device
- Responsible for the accuracy of all transactions and material scanning
- Verify the quality of the material sent outbound meets customer expectations
- Maintain clean and orderly warehouse
- Adheres to all instructions, good manufacturing practices, and housekeeping procedures
- Attends all required training sessions and team meetings
- Responsible for maintaining ISO Standards
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- All other duties as assigned
- Basic computer skills.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to read shipping and receiving documents
- Previous RF/Scanning/bar-coding experience preferred
- Bend, lift, and move around facility as needed
- Ability to get on and off of forklifts
- Must have flexibility of job assignments
- Ability to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Previous forklift experience and proof of previous certification a plus
- Regularly stand or sit for long periods of time, up to 12 hours at a time
- Walking intermittently and long distances, up to 8 hours per day
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds regularly
- Good vision
- Works overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website