Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Process Technician is responsible for the hands on operation of automated injection molding equipment.
- Performs quality control checks and helps maintain customer requirements according to specification in preform weight and various dimensions.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the designated work area.
- Monitors and performs necessary setting adjustments and records all changes in real SPC.
- Complete SPC duties per CI-202 (corporate work instruction for SPC entries).
- Has working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and production schedule.
- Performs mechanical, electrical and electronic troubleshooting as directed by Team Leaders.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Completes Work Orders and other related documentation in computer.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Team oriented.
- Self-motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills and continuous learning through training.
- Previous Experience in Plastics Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or a similar technical area preferred. Background manufacturing experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or GED
- Works overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands.
- Read SPC charts and document trends
- Regularly stand or sit for long periods of time, up to 12 hours at a time.
- Walking intermittently and long distances, up to 8 hours per day.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Ability to visually examine minute defects in parts and product.
- Able to work on aerial platforms up to 20 ft.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website