Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for the hands on operation of the automated blow molding equipment along with the necessary production paperwork and preliminary maintenance on the machine to keep the production process working at maximum efficiency.
- Establishes and fosters correct GMP, good housekeeping and safety habits and maintains a clean and safe working environment to meet or exceed the customers specifications.
- Performs quality control checks to ensure the customers' requirements are met.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings and works to advance team effectiveness to promote an environment conducive to plant growth and success.
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting.
- Monitors and performs necessary setting adjustments.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on the machinery as necessary to keep the process operating at peak efficiency.
- Has working knowledge of various products and adheres to customer requirements and specifications.
- Function within the ISO Standards and maintain a team environment.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
High School diploma or GED required, associate degree in technical field preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Team oriented and self-motivated.
- Must have a special blend of technical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent safety, quality and attendance record.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website