Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for and has the authority to ensure all product, whether bottles or preforms, meet customer specifications and are defect-free.
- Responsibility as outlined in the Quality Manual, Operational Procedures, and all other Instruction Manual
- Function within the Food Safety, ISO, GMP, Safety, and Team environment
- Operate computer aided inspection equipment
- Conduct visual testing on bottles and preforms throughout production of the product
- Perform lab testing; including destructive/non-destructive, bottle components, avid, concentricity tester, etc.
- Reject nonconforming product
- Perform First Article to ensure product meets customer specifications
- Ensure correct scrap recovery procedures are followed
- Coordinate with other quality, production, and warehouse personnel by providing support to ensure conformance to customer requirements
- Maintain computer data files
- All other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or 3 years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Team oriented
- Computer experience; including Microsoft Office, Outlook and Quality testing software
- Must possess strong verbal and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Must have flexibility of job assignments
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance starting on the 1st day of employment
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website