Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Regional TPM/CI Manager is responsible for leading the planning, development and execution of Total Productive Maintenance and Continuous Improvement within the assigned region's manufacturing sites. The role is fundamental in championing and leading safety, quality and productivity improvements through the application of TPM and loss elimination initiatives. Success will be measured by the ability to actively engage the manufacturing sites to achieve targeted business goals. The position reports to the Regional Operations Manager.
- This position will be working with a wide variety of corporate leadership, site leadership, site associates, outside vendors and contractors to drive improvement in Safety, Quality, Production Efficiency, Costs and Loss Reduction.
- This position will develop Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Lean-Six Sigma capabilities at the assigned locations.
- This position will also have responsibility for planning, leading and supporting TPM implementation throughout the region including Autonomous Maintenance; Preventative Maintenance, Early Equipment Management and Focus Teams.
- Coordinate with other TPM stakeholders within sites share practices, drive standardization and improve results.
- Provide technical leadership to our site leadership to effect improvements on production lines.
- Understand Plastipak financial metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Map TPM implementation strategy by both milestones and metrics. Track progress of both.
- Lead teams to develop and maintain engineering competencies at the sites by coaching and mentoring to build capabilities.
- Be the subject matter expert on TPM processes and implementation.
- Lead CI events through hands-on participation.
- Provide overall support, assistance, direction and communication to Management teams regarding TPM Initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is required. Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 -10 years of industrial manufacturing experience, with 3 – 5 years of experience leading TPM implementation and continuous improvement projects required.
- Experience leading technical resources to successfully maintain production line equipment to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter and strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
- Relocation assistance available to eligible candidates
Apply on company website