Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Plastipak Packaging Inc. is seeking a tax professional to work in our fast-paced Global Business and Technology Center located in Plymouth, MI. This position offers excellent opportunities to join our growing Tax Team!
- Preparation of quarterly federal and state income/franchise estimated tax calculations.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual federal and state tax accruals in compliance with ASC 740 with a focus on tax accounting.
- Preparation of federal, state and local income/franchise tax returns.
- Assist with federal and state tax audits.
- Research federal and state tax issues.
- Calculate the Domestic Production Activities Deduction.
- Calculate the Research & Experimentation Tax Credit.
- Research and resolve international tax issues for related foreign entities.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- 7-10 years of federal and state tax experience with a background in C corporations and manufacturing; international tax experience and strong tax accounting skills a plus.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- MST or advanced degree a plus.
- Big 4 experience or large corporate experience preferred.
- Strong written, oral and P.C. skills.
- SAP experience helpful.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website