Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Medical Coder with Plaza Day Surgery you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Plaza Day Surgery, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Plaza Day Surgery family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical Coder to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical Coder, you will contribute to the company's mission and vision by reviewing medical record documentation. You will apply appropriate coding based upon the diagnosis and procedure guidelines for code selections that adhere to HCA-ASD Coding Compliance Policies and Procedures.
What you will do in this role:
- You will code outpatient surgery center(s) records in a timely manner, including the assignment of ICD-10-CM, E/M, Procedure Categories, and HCPCS/CPT procedure codes
- You will code an average of 80-150 charts per day
- You are responsible for resolving codes and diagnosis with conflicting or unclear information by utilizing the query tool to gather additional information
- You will ensure 3M encoder updates are timely and accurate
- You will bill cases by furnishing completed assessments of billing supplies and implants
- You will be assisting with preparation for accrediting bodies and/or state reviews
- You are responsible for reviewing official data quality standards, coding guidelines, company policies and procedures, and clinical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current
Qualifications you will need:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrators (RHIA) college degree preferred
- Minimum (2) years' experience in outpatient coding and/or Health Information Management required
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office)
- Completed coursework in Human Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, Introduction to Coding (including ICD-10 and CPT) preferred
- Successful completion of an ICD-10-CM training or certification curriculum; or if currently pursuing such, then completion of 50% or more of the curriculum to date with an expectation of finishing within 2 months after hire.
- Must provide certification from a recognized professional coding organization, transcript from an educational institution, or similar proof of successful completion (i.e., competency assessments).
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Ambulatory Services Divisionis a growth-oriented business sector of HCA Healthcare. We encompass 140+ surgery centers across 16 states with 3,200 physician partners. We perform outpatient surgery cases in our single and multispecialty centers across HCA Healthcare. We are in more than 13 divisions. The size of our surgery centers creates a culture where everyone knows one another. We have a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Coder opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website