PMA Consultants is a national program management/construction management consulting firm consistently achieving top rankings in Engineering News-Record (ENR). With a portfolio of projects that span the globe, we specialize in project and program management with subspecialties in owner's representative, project controls, project scheduling, risk management, claims avoidance, and other fields! We are recognized for our leadership and subject matter expertise across a variety of industries and for helping owners deliver successful projects.
We value career-minded professionals who aspire to cultivate successful and enduring careers with us, and we have a great track record of working with our staff to nurture meaningful career arcs across industries and geographies.
In this versatile role, the qualified candidate will lead project controls efforts for a newly acquired client located in San José. Responsibilities in this pivotal position include overseeing all aspects of project management, cost, controls, scheduling, and client relationship management on a major program establishing best practices through process and procedures. The successful candidate will perform project life-cycle schedule planning; create and manage budgets and manage bids; forecast costs; and produce periodic and ad-hoc reports. Other tasks include collaborating with multiple stakeholders and advise the planning department of required project planning/approval dates to ensure compliance with project milestones and participating in project risk assessments to ensure schedules reflect project risks and/or opportunities.
- Bachelor's in engineering, construction management, or related field required.
- 10 -15 years of experience in the development, analysis, and oversight of construction project controls required.
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license from the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills required.
- Hands-on experience with industry-related software tools, such as Deltek, Bluebeam, or Oracle Primavera required.
- Previous experience in water/wastewater projects preferred.
- Experience with progressive design-build contracts preferred.
PMA offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, life, disability, and professional development reimbursement for qualifying employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Qualified female and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.
EOE, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
VEVRAA federal contractor.
Apply on company website