Job ID: 6110
Field Engineer (Civil)
This position will report to the Project Manager or designate. The Field Engineer provides support and assistance to the project. Responsibilities are varied but include document control, coordinating the timely delivery of supplies and materials and updating project reporting tools.
Primary / Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs duties related to site administration including management of project related information and documentation , maintenance of project files, review of completed time-sheets, processing of invoices and bills of lading.
- Tracking and reporting of production quantities and equipment utilization.
- Generating daily unit cost sheets.
- Tracking and documenting project schedule activity, start, finish, % complete and major milestones.
- Coordinate material delivery to the job site, following up on discrepancies or variances.
- Coordinate and manage utility locates as required.
- Tracking and collection of documentation for extra work, submittals and backup for billing purposes.
- Acts as a leader in Safety and Quality by adhering to and promoting plans, policies and procedures.
- Perform or ensure completion of quality control inspections and testing.
- Performs other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients
- Assists Project Managers in business development
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary engineering or technical program in a related field.
- Exceptional analytical, planning, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with a team
- Self-motivated, innovative, committed and honest
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Attention to detail and ability to see the bigger picture
- Clean driving record and ability to travel as required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website