Job ID: 7123
PNR RailWorks is the leading subcontractor in new rail construction and rail maintenance in Canada, covering projects from new track construction, maintenance to large signalling upgrade projects. With the rail industry continuing to grow, we are looking for experienced individuals in the electrical and civil construction fields. PNR offers a competitive salary, benefits, vacation and RRSP's. Apply today!!
Job Summary and Purpose
Reporting to the Foreman, the Gas Fitter performs a variety of tasks to assist the Foreman in the execution of the project plan, provides direction and assignment of tasks to Labourers. The work is physically demanding and performed outdoors in a field environment with live track (trains).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of tasks to assist the Foreman.
- Short term planning
- Material management
- Performs the installation and commissioning of gas fired railway equipment (SCD's) and piping systems.
- Provides leadership to assigned shift by performing duties such as assignment of tasks, troubleshooting problems/issues, demonstrating procedures, motivating crew, etc.
- Performs general labour tasks as necessary including operating equipment, digging and shoveling, moving/carrying materials around the job site, running cable, putting conduits together, etc.
- Promotes and ensures a safety culture by modeling, providing education and enforcing safe work practices, Company policies and procedures
- Performs other related administrative or project based duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by mentoring and coaching new employees
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, Training & Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Valid and clean driver's license.
- Licensed Gas Fitter
- Two (2) to three (3) years of recent related experience. Railway or construction experience would be an asset.
- Training in First Aid, WHMIS, Working at Heights, Confined Space, CSTS.
- G1 gas fitter license
Talents & Abilities:
- Ability to perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting
- Ability to utilize hand and power tools
- Excellent vision and hearing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a team and motivate workers
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and common sense.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as a contributing and essential team player.
- Physical Demands: Standing and walking around the project site; frequent bending, lifting, digging, shoveling and moving of objects on site; loud noise
- Environmental Conditions: On site, field environment and subject to all weather conditions; working in and around live commuter trains, high voltage, confined space, safety sensitive cabling; day, evening and weekend shift work
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website