Job ID: 7162
Reporting to the Equipment Manager/Shop Foreman, the Heavy Equipment Technician performs duties and tasks related to the preventative and corrective maintenance of specialized railway construction equipment and other related construction equipment and vehicles. Working hours during the probation period will be straight day shift once the probation period ends the working hours will change based on business needs these positions are not for day shift only.
Primary Duties and Tasks:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all systems associated with work equipment (mechanical, electrical and hydraulic)
- Work from blueprints, service manuals and schematic drawings
- Conduct inspections and tests, repair or replace parts with limited resources in remote locations outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Evaluate parts for reuse, repair or replacement
- Use of cutting torches and welder to perform various fabrication tasks, comfortable using both stick and mig welding applications
- Use various hand and power hand tools
- Operates equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments
- Diagnose equipment problems and take corrective action in order to minimize the impact on crew production
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment
- Prepare and submit equipment maintenance records, time sheets, etc.
- Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- Ensures cleanliness and organization of shop, maintenance of shop tools and equipment, loading/unloading and storage of equipment, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Licenced heavy equipment and or Ag equipment Licence required
- Previous Field service experience
- Previous rail experience
- Fork lift certification, First Aid,
- Own Tools
- DZ or higher drivers licence
- A safety-oriented work ethic supported by experience within the labor industry
- The ability to follow instructions, rules and regulations is essential
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as a valuable member of a team
- Problem solving skills
- Computer skills
- Hydraulic & Electrical trouble shooting and repair background
- Fluent on reading hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of Hydraulic & Electrical components and systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website