Job ID: 7163Job Summary:
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Specialist will focus on the development and implementation of inspection and testing procedures, perform field audits, and monitoring key performance indicators in order to gain an overall perspective of the PNR Railworks-Client Services Division operational requirements and performance. The QA Specialist will work closely with the other operational departments of the PNR Railworks-Client Services Division in order to achieve accuracy in reporting and analysis of deliverables to the customers that are contractually obligated.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain Inspection and Testing Procedures (ITP) for the operations assessment program, in adherence to the Maintenance contract and ISO compliance.
- Perform, review audits and report discrepancies of adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety.
- Review and analyze various reports from the Operations, Material Management, Fleet shop, Safety and Training departments.
- Assist the Quality Manager in analyzing and processing submitted data to run Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports.
- Ensure that all deliverable requirements to the customer are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee the implementation of procedures and ensure the efficiency of inspection and quality systems.
- Ensure compliance with applicable industry standards, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Work closely with the Operations, Fleet Management, Material Management, Training and Safety departments to complete assigned tasks and develop procedures.
- Develops, implements and maintains Quality Management System policies and procedures which meet contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Performs Quality and Operational field audits to measure, monitor performance, and derive corrective actions as required.
- Performs investigations, dispositions and closures of non-conformance and incident reports.
- Assists field supervisors in developing, updating and maintaining inspection test plans for the service operations.
- University degree with 5 years' experience in Quality Assurance or Grade 12 with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Previous audit training and experience in field and ISO audits are highly desirable.ISO 9001:2015 training and/or certification is highly desirable.
- Must have a moderate knowledge of construction/maintenance techniques and practices, contract administration, construction inspection, the Construction Lien Act, the OHRC, and the Ontario Health & Safety Act.
- Must have or rapidly acquire a thorough knowledge of PNR Railworks and customer department organizational structures, operations, policies and procedures applicable to the work performed.
- Must attend and successfully complete the Training Department's program for Canadian Railroad Operating Rules certification (including recertification as appropriate). Other training may be required to suit the positions' requirements. Pre-employment drug screening tests will be required along with background checks.
- Knowledge of the railroad and/or construction and engineering field is an asset.
- Management experience is an asset.
- Must possess a sound judgement with highly developed management, organizational, interpersonal, oral/written communication, and analytical/problem solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and work with multi-disciplined teams while dealing with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to assess and reorganize priorities to suit changing requirements.
- Capable of resolving conflicts between diverse groups and individuals.
- Familiarity with computers and computer based techniques/applications related to the work are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is an asset.
- Must have a valid driving licence for the Province of Ontario with a clean driving record and ability to travel as required.
- Generally based in an office environment with planned site visits required to customer asset locations to work with internal work groups, external agencies, contractors, consultants.
- Work may take place outside of normal office hours.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website