Job ID: 5941
PNR RailWorks is the leading subcontractor in new rail construction and rail maintenance in Canada, covering projects from new track construction, maintenance to large signalling upgrade projects. With the rail industry continuing to grow, we are looking for experienced individuals in the electrical and civil construction fields. PNR offers a competitive salary, benefits, vacation and RRSP's. Apply today!!
Directing work groups on active railway property and through construction zones. Using specific
railway operating rules, instructions and techniques, this position ensures that contractors clear
the working zone prior to the approach of a train minimizing any delays to scheduled railway
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Embrace our safety culture and adhering to industry and company policies and
- Conducts daily job briefings in order that all contractors understand site specific
instructions prior to commencing work
- Review the work site on a minimum daily basis and consults with Supervisor and or
contractors representative to understand work being conducted, and any potential
- Set up, reposition and dismantle railway specific signals (flags) at designated locations
- Communicate effectively with the work group being protected, other flagmen and RailTraffic Controllers using established procedures and radio equipment to ensure the
understanding of instructions, track protection limits, work site hazards and other specific
- Responsibly operates company vehicles and ensures all daily maintenance and
inspections of the units are completed
- Performs special duties as assigned by the Capital Supervisor
- Performs any administrative duties related to proper documentation as per PNR Quality
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in the railway industry.
- Track Inspection Guidelines certification is an asset
- Certified in Canadian Railway Operating Rules
- Ability to read and understand specific documents including schedules, standard railway
plans and specifications.
- Ability to work in a safety sensitive position directing work groups on live railway
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards, railway engineering safety regulations and
safety precautions of the work being performed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of computers, tablets etc.
- Valid Ontario class G driver's license
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- Exposed to loud noise.
- Exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
- Ability to work rotating shifts
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website