Job ID: 7022
Reporting to the Track Maintenance Foreman, the Track Laborer is responsible for successfully completing day-to-day tasks by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Embrace our safety culture and adhering to industry and company policies and procedures
- Repair and/or replace turnout components as needed, such as switch points, frogs, plates etc.
- Repair and/or replace track components as needed, such as rail, ties, plates, spikes, timber crossings etc.
- Observes conditions of track, track beds, and track right-of-way to detect, report and repair problems or defects
- Responsibly operates company vehicles and/or equipment and ensures all daily maintenance and inspections of the units are completed
- Performs special duties as assigned by the Track Maintenance Foreman
- Performs any administrative duties related to proper documentation as per PNR Quality Management System
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in the railway industry.
- Knowledge of all aspects of track maintenance.
- Track Inspection Guidelines certification is an asset
- Certified in Canadian Railway Operating Rules
- Ability to read and understand specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans and specifications.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of computers, tablets etc.
- Valid Ontario class G driver's license
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- Exposed to loud noise.
- Exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
- Ability to work rotating shifts
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks are to using hiring practices and providing a workplace environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If contacted throughout the selection process, please advise Human Resources in advance if you require accommodation for the interview process so you can be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received regarding accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website