Job ID: 7141
PNR RailWorks is the leading subcontractor in new rail construction and rail maintenance in Canada, covering projects from new track construction, maintenance to large signalling upgrade projects. With the rail industry continuing to grow, we are looking for experienced individuals in the electrical and civil construction fields. PNR offers a competitive salary, benefits, vacation and RRSP's. Apply today!
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering & Technical Services or delegate, the S&C Wireman will verify and validate railway signaling controls and communications hardware and software in accordance with approved plans and procedures.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Verification of wiring plans via continuity “buzz” testing in accordance with written procedures.
- System integration and performance testing working with various electronic and software based simulators.
- Maintain accurate records following project document management processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all safety policies are enforced; participate in regular site inspections/audits.
- Must be okay with shift work (Days & Afternoons)
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in electronics, controls, communications or related field.
- Experience testing electrical controls, PLC's, SCADA systems would be a plus.
- Interest in railway and transit signaling and controls.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow an engineering process.
- Excellent language skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to obtain Professional Engineer status in Canada would be an asset.
- Mostly works indoors in a wiring shop environment and occasionally works outdoors at construction sites.
- Stands, walks, climbs, balances, stoops, and crouches while negotiating work areas under construction.
- May be exposed to live track/trains and loud noise.
- May be exposed to harsh weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Apply on company website