DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
*For a limited time we are offering external candidates up to $10,000 in sign-on bonuses, based on relevant RN experience!*
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade. Why work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital?
POSITION: Manager, Surgical Services (Operating Room, Central Sterile)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Surgical Services Director, the Manager oversees the Clinical coordinators. The manager works collaboratively with the Clinical Coordinators in guiding their department's growth, patient satisfaction, physician's relations and fiscal responsibility. The manager supervises and directs the delivery of patient care and care related services for the OR in accordance to administrative policies, as well as hospital vision, mission and strategies. The manager works collaboratively with staff, physicians, and other disciplines within the hospital to create a system of safe, quality health care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain Clinical knowledge of areas within the department
- Assists Clinical Coordinators with operations involving scheduling and staffing to ensure patient, office and surgeon satisfaction.
- Assist educator with competency development
- Interview and hire personnel
- Assess and evaluate employee work performance; implement learning plans and complete staff yearly evaluations
- Counsel staff; implement disciplinary process when indicated, including termination
- Provide leadership in compliance with regulatory agency standards, national nursing standards and specialty nursing standards
- Evaluate patient outcomes
- Assist Surgical Services Director with unit budget
- Monitors quality audits and quality measures
- Manages and collaborates on aspects pertaining to supplies, instruments, and equipment for OR.
Additional Information about our Operating Room:
8 Main OR Suites
On average, perform 20-25 cases daily
- Center of Excellence in bariatrics, total joint replacement, and robotics
- Procedures Performed: da Vinci Robots, Mako Robot, orthopedic, neuro, bariatric, urological, and general surgery
- A supportive team with an open door policy, working in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Equipment heavy and procedural based environment
- Perioperative 101 Nurse course offered once a year
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance
1-3 years of RN supervisory experience in a surgical services setting preferred.
- Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State License
- BLS and ACLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider)
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement.Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website