SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Health grades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Portsmouth Regional Hospital we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Certified Surgical Tech to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Provides technical assistance to physician/registered nurse in surgical procedures related to the operation of the Surgical and Minor Surgical Suite.
Works collaboratively with Registered Nurse to prepare patients for surgical procedures to include all specialties, as appropriate, such as Cardiothoracic, Neurology, OB-GYN, ENT, Oral, Plastics, Orthopedics, General-Vascular, Ophthalmology and GU as well as the minor surgical suite. The Surgical Technologist scrubs for the surgical procedures and performs a variety of other duties related to the preparation and maintenance of the operating room environment. Maintains inventory of necessary equipment and supplies, orders supplies and restocks work area as assigned, assuring the availability of needed supplies.
CVOR: Works under the supervision of Anesthesia personnel to prepare for the anesthetic needs of patients within the specific surgical specialty of Cardiothoracic Surgical Intervention and as needed demonstrates the ability to assist within the other surgical specialties. Prepares the anesthesia supplies/equipment relevant to the surgical procedures and performs a variety of other duties related to the preparation and maintenance of anesthesia equipment/supplies as directed by the anesthesiologists/CRNA's. This would include assisting anesthesia personnel as directed with invasive line placement, epidurals, spinals, IV's, A-lines, Swan-Lines, intubations and other anesthesia techniques. Maintains inventory of necessary anesthesia equipment/supplies and performs restocking of anesthesia workroom, anesthesia carts and other anesthesia related areas.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of surgical techniques, both routine and specialized, and performs in a professional manner. Applies this knowledge appropriately to develop and improve skills in assisting the surgeon and in the organization of work utilizing economy in time, motion and materials.
- Demonstrates competency with aseptic technique during surgery.
- Demonstrates ability to use all equipment and supplies necessary for surgical procedures.
- Develops and demonstrates initiative in order to inquire and explore new surgical procedures and subject relating to the operating room and to the surgical patient.
- Differentiates sterilization methods for special equipment and instruments necessary for specific surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to retract, suction, irrigate, apply pressure and assist in homeostasis by use of assorted sponges in the surgical field under the direction of the surgeon.
- Performs co-circulating role with appropriate credentialing.
- Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers assistance to colleagues both within the main OR's, cardiac OR's and cardiac cath lab.
- Demonstrates colleagially behavior of respect and consideration with regard to work environment, i.e. restocking rooms, returning equipment/supplies for other surgical procedures, cleaning work areas/station and or communicate as appropriate in both OR________Anesthesia role________(CVOR only).
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance)
Less than 1 year 3-7 years
þ 1 to 3 years More than 7 years
Other preferred/required experience:
High school or GED
þ Vocational /Technical
2 year/ Associate Degree
4 year/Bachelor's Degree
Post Graduate Degree
þ Certification for Surg Tech
NH Medical Technician Registration
þ Neonate/Infant (birth - 1 year)
þ Child/Pediatric (1 - 11 years)
þ Adolescence (12 - 17 years)
þ Adult (18-64 years)
þ Geriatric (65 yr. +)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website