Based out of our Acheson facility, the Service Coordinator delivers core Field Service operational support varying scope and complexity, to all levels of the Powell Service Division.
Primary responsibilities include the daily coordination of service activities, daily coordination and resolution of warranty issues and/or processing all parts quotations and sales
- Manages daily billing in accordance with the internal policies.
- Works with the Accounting Department team, during end-of-month, quarter and year-end periods (various analyses, reports).
- Participates in the time and payroll management process (timesheets, overtime report, management of vacations).
- Is responsible for issuing purchase orders as well as evaluating bids from the suppliers.
- Works with the Business Operations team for the addition of new customers.
- Works with Project and Field Service team to assist with scheduling and coordinating of resources.
- Works with Project team to open jobs in oracle.
- Works with Project team to source and quote parts, materials and drawings.
- Handle incoming customer service requests via the phone or email, resulting in a service work order to begin the scheduling and dispatching process.
- Work with Project and Field Service team to proactively follow-up with customers after completion of services to ensure a high level of satisfaction with quality of work received.
- Work with Project and Field Service team to arrange all necessary materials, documents, tools and equipment to complete tasks.
- Work with Project and Field Service team to ensure on a weekly basis that all the necessary information documentation files, works reports, timesheets etc… provided by the technician is recorded and filed accordingly.
- Coordinate with sales, purchasing, production, and field service personnel to facilitate warranty resolution requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Skilled with Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organization skills
- Must be responsible and dependable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership skills.
- Attend in house and outside training sessions.
- Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
- Perform other administrative duties as required and assigned.
- Good comprehension of accounting concepts (selling price, costs, margin/profit).
- Excellent multitasking skills and able to manage conflicting priorities under tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Impeccable organization and efficiency skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with all of the Microsoft Office applications.
- High school diploma.
- Experience with Oracle software or databases is an asset.
- Clear, concise and well-structured communication – verbal, written and listening.
- Teamwork – able to assume specialized tasks.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees as well as with external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Excel (macros, pivot tables).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least (2) years of administrative or coordinator experience, preferably in a field service environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment in either service, sales, or warranty.
- Minimum 0-5 years' experience in a leadership role.
- Temperature controlled working environment.
- Must wear personnel protective equipment at all times (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses,) when required.
- Typical office environment; may experience minor discomfort from extensive use of a computer display and keyboard; travel between buildings on campus and between campuses.
- Working in front of a computer for the majority of the shift.
- This position may travel out-of-town to attend training and meetings.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Standing, walking, and speaking for long periods of time.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the fingertips.
From strategic locations across the world, Powell is focused to deliver superior value to its customers through a full range of differentiated IEC and ANSI products and services. This offering is designed to satisfy the discerning requirements of the global market, across all industry sectors. Powell's equipment is used to safely and successfully power the operations of a diverse customer base:
• Oil and Gas • Petrochemicals • Pharmaceuticals • Power Generation and Distribution • Pulp and Paper • Food and Beverage • Mining and Metals • Electric Utilities • Traction Power
The Powell culture has and will always be founded through our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do it by transforming our visions into reality. Powell's goal is to be the company our customers can call when it absolutely has to be done right and on time. Our custom engineered-to-order solutions are second to none in providing the value you need and expect.
The electrical power industry is amongst the most safety-conscious groups in the world. Powell's core philosophy, to be Powered by Safety®, ensures our products are designed to reinforce this position by bringing safety-related features to our customers. Powell knows and understands the concern of engineers, operators, maintenance technicians, employees, and suppliers. Compared to our peers, we deliver the most value by developing products and systems that function at the highest degree of safety while providing the ultimate in skilled operation and design.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use the careers site as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, send an email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-378-2685 and let us know the nature of your request and provide your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
To ensure a seamless application process please use any internet browser other than Internet Explorer to apply.
Apply on company website