Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Primary Care Physician, Gateway Medical Center
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Primary Care Physician will be responsible of providing high quality, evidence based primary care to the members of Anaheim community and the surrounding area.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, counseling/education and treatment for a specified population adhering to the highest standards of medical practice, ethics, professionalism and patient confidentiality at all times. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate.
- Recommend changes/improvements in all clinical areas, and/or in general areas to improve patient flow, medical records, billing or appointment practices or other operational areas to meet or exceed quality care measures. Or provides patient advocacy in the health care system to accomplish cost- effective care by coordination of health care services. Promotes effective communication with patients and encourages the role of the patient as a partner in health care
- Collect records and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports and examination results. Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Directs and coordinates patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
- As appropriate to the position, participate in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs such as 5 star HCC and other incentive based programs
- Dedicated to providing excellent healthcare and a top-quality patient experience
- Consistently exhibit the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, accountability, and compassion
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage patient schedule and clinic work load.
- Must have high initiative, be flexible, and have the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Technically savvy and comfortable using tools such as EMR for charting and HIPAA secure messaging apps for care coordination
Minimum Education: Medical Degree and process an active, non- restricted California Medical License and DEA.
Minimum Experience: Minimal one to two (1-2) years of primary care experiences in outpatient clinic setting. Will consider new graduate when residency/clinic training is completed
Req. Certification/Licensure: ACLS Certification required. Board certified or board eligible for internal medicine or family practice.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Primary Care, Healthcare, outpatient, internal medicine, diagnosis, counseling, treatment, patientcare, confidentiality, medication treatment
Apply on company website