Underground laborers and Equipment Operators are an integral part of the construction process. They use heavy equipment in order to place conduit and cables from poles, pedestals, and vaults to residential and commercial buildings. We are looking for Underground team members who are ready to roll up their sleeves and who want to make a difference. We are currently hiring for full-time laborers to work out of our New Castle, DE location.
- All phases of underground construction include but are not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Hand dig using shovel, mechanical tools
- Install and maintenance of underground telecommunications cabling
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery
- Working in congested or remote areas
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Perform general construction work under direction of Management
- Flagging, property or worksite restoration
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures and policies
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to operate various types of utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of and ability to hand tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position
- Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or on-call
- Follow all safety rules at all times.
- The employee shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- Attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- Use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safely do the job at hand.
- Report unsafe acts or conditions to his or her immediate Supervisor or Safety Personnel.
- Report any and all injuries, accidents and/or incidents immediately
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift. May require walking on uneven surfaces for periodic periods throughout the day. Work is performed near roadways, electrical lines, heavy equipment and uncontrolled vehicles.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses, safety vest and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holiday
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Stock Purchase Plan
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website www.PrinceTelecom.com
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply on company website