Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThe Division of Pre-hospital Medicine conducts numerous courses that require adjunct faculty to maintain state required student to instructor ratios. Courses include but are not limited to Emergency Medical Technician, Critical Care Paramedic, and NAEMT Courses.Provide EMT Laboratory oversight for student groups during designated sessions in the medical school's EMT course. Instruct medical students in all psychomotor skills required for course completion using pre-approved methods and procedures. Develop and conduct patient care scenarios that serve to demonstrate the cognitive principles and psychomotor skills taught. Assist with practical components of module examinations. Arrive prior to any academic session and prepare equipment and supplies required for that session. Attend any mandatory training sessions. Provide feedback to the Program Director regarding deficiencies, problems, or accomplishments. Monitor student effectiveness and progress and provide student evaluations to the Director using approved methods of reporting which may include written or verbal reports. Promote active student learning and participation. Maintain a professional appearance and learning atmosphere that exemplifies quality interprofessional interactions. Provide a safe environment for students. Provide EMT instruction for community groups such as fire fighters, AHA personnel, etc. Complete any other tasks assigned by the Medical Director, EMT Program Director, or Lead Instructor.
- Instructs participants in all didactic and psychomotor skills required for course completion using methods and procedures accepted by the state of South Carolina and NREMT
- Complete all necessary course paperwork assigned by the EMT Program Manager
- Assembles all necessary equipment prior to instruction and replaces/returns equipment correctly upon completion of instruction.
- Complete any other tasks assigned by the EMT Program Manager or Lead Instructor.
- Education - Certification Program - graduation from a DHEC sponsored Paramedic course
- Experience - No previous experience required.
- AEMT-SC Paramedic
Other Required Skills/Experience:
- AHA BLS/ACLS/PALS
Patient Equipment (vitals, suction, defib) - Required
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Department70048915 EMT Program & Long Clinical Ed
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website