Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThe Clinical Educator I role is responsible for preparing the healthcare workforce for the clinical setting by teaching competency-based curriculum programs. This role will provide training in the classroom and simulation setting for all newly hired or transferring clinical team members. The Clinical Educator I will also provide live competency-based training on an annual and as-needed basis to ensure regulatory requirements are maintained.
Team members in the Clinical Educator 1 role must demonstrate and maintain clinical expertise in the specific area of healthcare in which they provide education and training. The Clinical Educator 1 will provide role based educational instruction for the entire Prisma Health system.
- Teaches live on boarding orientation courses and competencies for all newly hired and/or newly transferred clinical team members.
- Delivers clinical training and team member development courses to empower the clinical team members.
- Provides instructional education to new graduate team members enrolled in the residency program.
Annual and As Needed Education
- Coordinates and provides instruction for competency-based annual educational programs for the Prisma Health system.
- Implements and provides live instructional education for as-needed educational programs as services within the healthcare delivery system change and/or evolve.
Documentation of Education
- Records test scores and completion status in the learning management system of all educational offerings. - Maintains accurate records of all educational offerings.
- Monitors learning management curriculum and assignments for team member completion.
- Collaborates with educational department team members to provide feedback on educational materials.
Knowledge and Competency
- Maintains individual validation requirements needed to provide competency training to other team members.
- Preserves the clinical expertise and knowledge in the specific area of healthcare in which assigned to provide education and training.
Bachelor's degree in specific area of healthcare in which assigned to
3 years in specialty area
In Lieu Of
In Lieu of the education and experience requirements noted above, …..
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
South Carolina Licensed RN - REGISTERED NURSE
Valid driver's license, an acceptable three-year motor vehicle record as defined by the Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Chart, and a certificate of auto insurance
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Certification by specialty board credentialing organization recognized by Magnet preferred
Specialty training such as arrhythmia, learning management systems, and electronic medical record systems preferred
Basic computer skills
Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
Patient Care equipment
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Department70019084 Clinical Education
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website