Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides nursing care to patients under the direct and indirect supervision of the registered nurse. The State Board of Nursing recognizes the role of the LPN in assisting with assessment of the patient and collection of patient health data to be used for the complete physical assessment. The analysis and synthesis of clinical information and the formation of problem statements and/or nursing diagnosis are ONLY in the scope of practice of the RN and may NOT be delegated to the LPN. An LPN may delegate nursing tasks to qualified personnel.
- Implements nursing interventions and tasks. 20%
- Participates with the other health care providers in the planning and delivering of health care.15%
- Collects health care data to assist in planning care of participants.15%
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by authorized licensed personnel.10%
- Delegates nursing tasks to all qualified others.10%
- Performs patient nail care within the scope of levels I and II, as defined by the South Carolina Board of Nursing, to include providing hygiene, comfort, and patient education to patients with intact skin and normal circulation, sensation, and nails; or long thick nails, corns, or calluses. 10%
- Performs additional nursing duties, as defined by Prisma Health policy, that require special education and training and are approved by the South Carolina Board of Nursing, including but not limited to intravenous therapy. (See references from the SC Board of Nursing called Advisory Opinion Supplement on Nursing Management of Invasive devices in controlled setting--catheter, lines and tubes). 10%
- Provides basic teaching for health promotion and maintenance to patients.10%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing
- 1 year of experience with the frail or elderly population
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
- LPN with current South Carolina license.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
- Proficient computer skills (word processing)
- Mathematical skills
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationRichland Shirley Street
Facility1539 Seniorcare - Midlands
Department15396636 SeniorCare PACE-Shandon
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website