Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryWill work under the general supervision of the MRI Manager, site-specific Lead Tech or Radiologist. The technologist is responsible for the independent operation of the MRI equipment achieving high-quality images, maintaining an optimal level of patient care, while working with patients of all ages. The technologist is responsible for screening all patients and staff entering into zone 3 and 4 to ensure magnet safety. All team members are expected to be knowledgeable and compliant with Prisma Health's values: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $3000 for external candidates through March 1, 2023.
- Performs all procedures proficiently and strives to maintain high quality. This includes proper positioning, choosing appropriate coils,and thorough knowledge of scanning protocols. Imaging studies must be completed in a timely manner, charged appropriately, and then taken to the radiologist for interpretation as soon as possible after the completion of the exam. 35%
- Identify patients using two patient identifiers. Communicate with patient and/or medical staff concerning MR safety questionnaire and other pertinent clinical history. Obtain completed questionnaire and proper history to ensure magnet safety for patients entering department. Communicate with appropriate medical staff any sedation needs of the patient. Informs patients and families of delays.30%
- Prepares scan room for procedures using approved cleaning protocols. Appropriately discards sharps and maintains appropriate level of supplies and linen in rooms.10%
- Properly prepares and administers contrast materials associated with MRI procedure that are within scope of practice as prescribed by a physician or in approved Radiology protocol .5%
- Knows and implements emergency procedures as needed.5%
- Performs department and hospital related computer functions pertinent to job. Enters and records all data accurately and promptly. 5%
- Exhibits competency in performing quality control tasks associated with equipment and procedures to ensure standards are met. 5%
- Stays abreast of organizational, affiliate and departmental changes/updates by checking email on each shift. 5%
- Provides clinical instruction to staff technologists and students. As needed, will prepare staff schedules to ensure department is staffed properly and coordinate daily workflow.5%
Graduate of accredited Radiologic Technology program
2 years MRI registered, MRI physics, cross-sectional anatomy
In Lieu Of
In Lieu of the education and experience requirements noted above, …..
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
ARRT registered in MRI within one year of hire
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Basic computer skills
Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
Proficient computer skills (database)
Work ShiftEvening (United States of America)
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10117123 Magnetic Resonance Imaging-GOR
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website