Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPerforms maintenance repairs, PM, operational functions and new work supporting the objectives of the Engineering Department at Prisma Health and documents all work appropriately. Demonstrates exemplary behavior at all times contributing to the total team concept of the Engineering Department.
- Responsible for assisting other trades (plumbing, mechanical, electrical) within the department with repairs to include air handling units, pump replacements, exhaust fan and other mechanically related systems comprising the hospital's utility system. - 10%
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing door hardware such as closers and panic bars. - 10%
- Responsible for performing unscheduled and preventative maintenance related repairs to include lighting systems, tube systems, facility (doors, walls, paging, other) to ensure proper working conditions. - 10%
- Responsible for performing repairs on electrical components such as switches, receptacles, lights/ballasts of 120/208/227 volts (including live circuits). - 10%
- Responsible for maintaining and repairing computerized pneumatic tube system. Must be proficient in the use of the tube system computer and able to troubleshoot and correct delivery issues when they arise. - 10%
- Respond to emergency calls and assist qualified technicians and other trained personnel on medical gas, vacuum leaks, power outages, plumbing, fire response, etc. - 10%
- Responsible for completing work orders in complete and timely manner to include all housekeeping duties when work is complete. Ensure work is performed with the utmost awareness for safety and hygiene. Also ensure proper lockout Tagout procedure is being followed. - 10%
- Responsible for handling plumbing related failures such as clogged sinks, toilets, and tubs as well as making repairs to leaking faucets, showers and toilets. - 10%
- Maintain a broad proficiency in all crafts to avoid unnecessary call backs during off shift and weekends. Participates in emergency call back system. - 10%
- Proficient at retrieving people from disabled elevators and ensure repairs are reported and completed. - 10%
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience - 2 years of related experience
- Valid driver's license, an acceptable three-year motor vehicle record as defined by the Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Chart, and a certificate of auto insurance. Must pass driver training within 6 months of hire.
Other Required Skills/Experience - Basic skills in electricity, plumbing, HVAC, and computer operations.
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1570 Tuomey Hospital - Payroll Only
Department15708300 Plant Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website