Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPerforms assigned patient care and related administrative duties under the direct supervision of the physician(s). Performs a variety of office/clerical duties as assigned by the office manager. Specific patient care responsibilities will be assigned by the supervising physician after competency is established.
Are you patient focused? Willing to learn and share duties? Do you have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills? We are looking for Medical Assistants to provide "Cheerful Mobility" staffing for Prisma Health locations in Greenville, Spartanburg and Oconee Counties. The Ambulatory Internal Resource Pool is a team that floats to various physician practice sites and receives a float pay differential. Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25 miles one way from their home for an assignment. We need team members who are available for a minimum of any three (8) hour shifts per week, Monday through Friday, for PRN assignments. This position allows for networking with practice managers, providers, and practice based team members across Prisma Health and also creates opportunity for expanding skill sets within a variety of specialty practices. If interested, please apply!
- Perform clinical, technical, administrative, and clerical duties as directed by the physician and within the scope of training and certification, including point of care testing. Report critical lab values to the physician. - 20%
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Obtain and record patients' chief complaints, current medications, vital signs, pain screening and allergies. - 15%
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms. Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, sterilizing instruments as needed. - 6%
- Assist physician with examinations, tests, procedures, and in-office surgery. Apply splints, casts, and dressings, and remove sutures. Report and assist during emergencies. - 10%
- Prepare and administer medications and immunizations as ordered by the physician, including p.o., vaginal and rectal suppositories, intradermal injection and intramuscular injection.. - 15%
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in ongoing process improvement activities. - 2%
- Teach patient and provide printed information, on physician request, about diagnosis, self-care within the scope of assigned duties, health promotion, disease prevention, and community healthcare resources. Patient education must be documented in the medical record. - 6%
- Document data and care in the patient medical record/Maintain as confidential. - 6%
- Receive and return clinically-related telephone calls after communicating with physician regarding medical concerns of the patient. Transmit physician medication orders to pharmacy, as governed by state law. - 10%
- Complete medical insurance and other related forms for physician review. Communicate as needed with the patient, referral source, and payor between visits. Complete patient registration, scheduling, and billing tasks, andperform general office/clerical duties as assigned. Schedule tests and treatments, as ordered by the physician.. - 10%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, director or executive.
Certification Program - Accredited Medical Assistant Program
1 year of experience required
Required Certifications, Registries, Licenses
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) from the American Assoc of Medical Assistants
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) from the American Medical Technologists (Lawson Code NCMA)
In lieu of the experience and/or educational requirements indicated above a combination of education, training, and/or experience will be considered an equivalent substitution: Five + years of experience as a Medical Assistant performing a variety of clinical duties will be considered in substitution for the Accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Basic Computer Skills
Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
Other: Patient Equipment (suction, vitals, defib)
Other Qualifications or Experience
One Year of Experience - Preferred
BLS Certification - Required
Selected Point of Care Lab Equipment - Preferred
IV Therapy Certification - Preferred
Electronic medical record experience - Preferred
Additional In Lieu of Statement
Team members employed in this job prior to July 1, 2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements. In addition, team members must be certification eligible and will have one year to obtain required certification(s).
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
Facility1093 University Medical Group Administration
Department70019600 Ambulatory Internal Resource Pool
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website