Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPerforms assigned patient care and related administrative duties under the direct supervision of the physician(s). Performs a variety of office/clerical duties as assigned by the office manager. Specific patient care responsibilities will be assigned by the supervising physician after competency is established.
- Perform clinical, technical, administrative, and clerical duties as directed by the physician and within the scope of training and certification, including point of care testing. Report critical lab values to the physician. 20%
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Obtain and record patients' chief complaints, current medications, vital signs, pain screening and allergies. 15%
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms. Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, sterilizing instruments as needed. 6%
- Assist physician with examinations, tests, procedures, and in-office surgery. Apply splints, casts, and dressings, and remove sutures. Report and assist during emergencies. 10%
- Prepare and administer medications and immunizations as ordered by the physician, including p.o., vaginal and rectal suppositories, intradermal injection and intramuscular injection.. 15%
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in ongoing process improvement activities. 2%
- Teach patient and provide printed information, on physician request, about diagnosis, self-care within the scope of assigned duties, health promotion, disease prevention, and community healthcare resources. Patient education must be documented in the medical record. 6%
- Document data and care in the patient medical record/Maintain as confidential. 6%
- Receive and return clinically-related telephone calls after communicating with physician regarding medical concerns of the patient. Transmit physician medication orders to pharmacy, as governed by state law. 10%
- Complete medical insurance and other related forms for physician review. Communicate as needed with the patient, referral source, and payor between visits. Complete patient registration, scheduling, and billing tasks,and perform general office/clerical duties as assigned. Schedule tests and treatments, as ordered by the physician.. 10%
- This is a non management job that will report to a supervisor
- High School diploma or GED. Completion of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program is preferred.
- No previous experience required. 1 year of experience preferred.
- Job related certification from one of the following: CMA (AAMA); RMA (AMT); CCMA(NHA); NCMA (NCCT); RMA (ARMA); NRCMA (NAHP); or RMA (AAMP)
Other Required Sills and Experience
- BLS Certification- Required
- Selected point of care lab equipment- Preferred
- Electronic medical record experience- Preferred
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Location3 Medical Park Rd Richland
Facility3497 Vascular Surgery 3 Med Park
Department34971000 Vascular Surgery 3 Med Park-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website