Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryAssists the Registered Nurse in providing patient care based on the individualized plan of care for a patient. As delegated, performs basic nursing activities and nursing activities requiring sterile technique. Conducts data collection, monitors and documents patient status. Ensures confidentiality of all patient information. Utilizes safe patient handling at all times. Informs RN of activities performed, observations of patients and changes in patient status. Provides a neat and clean patient environment.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living. Turns and repositions patients alone or with assistance. May transport patients and assist with walking. Assists with fall prevention interventions and patient restraints as delegated. - 20%
- Provides patient care as delegated by the RN including, but not limited to, sterile and non-sterile soaks, application of sterile simple dressings and non sterile simple dressings, perineal care, removal of foley catheters, basic ostomy care, nasal cannula and incentive spirometry. Phlebotomy performed as determined by unit specific needs. - 20%
- Performs data collection including vital signs, fluid intake and outake and basic and sterile specimen collection. Properly documents and maintains data on medical record and informs RN of activities performed, observations of patients and changes in patient status. - 20%
- Runs errands, answers telephone, answers and responds to call lights. - 20%
- Performs point of care testing as trained and delegated by RN. Reports lab values to RN. - 10%
- Provides and documents comfort and non-pharmacological pain management measures. - 10%
- Education - Completion of Patient Care Technician program (post high school)
- Experience - No previous experience required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.)
Any PCT employed at Prisma Health and working in a PCT role prior to March 2005 is grandfathered from the CNA requirement above.
Other Required Skills/Experience
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Data entry and mathematical skills
- Knowledge of sterile techniques
Work ShiftNight (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10086106 Oncology Nursing
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website