Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryTo perform routine assistive tasks to assist the Registered Nurse to meet basic patient needs, unlicensed assistive personnel.
This position is eligible for a $2,500 Sign On Bonus until October 1, 2021, for external candidates only.
- Assists patients with needs related to nutrition and feeding. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting with feeding, drinking, and setting up meal trays.
- Assists patients with needs related to ambulation. Duties include, but are not limited to, dangling, walking, walking with assistive device, and implementing fall prevention measures under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Meets patients' needs related to elimination. Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting patient with getting to the bathroom, using a bedside commode, using a bedpan, and/or using a urinal. Accurately monitors inputs and outputs.
- Accurately completes and documents patient vital signs. Duties include assessing blood pressure, pulse, temperature, heart rate, and oxygenation via pulse ox or ETCO2. Reports abnormal values to the Registered Nurse.
- Regularly performs additional skilled duties to include any of the following: Monitor Tech, Drawing Blood, or Performing EKGs.
- Assists patients with needs related to personal hygiene. Duties include, but are not limited to, bathing, washing hair, brushing teeth and hair, and washing hands.
- Education -
High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred. Completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) course required. Completion of certificate course, or independent skill validation through Nursing Education, in drawing blood, EKG, or Cardiac Care Technician required.
Or active enrollment in an accredited nursing program and completion of Fundamental of Nursing and medical surgical clinical rotation.
- Experience -
Previous CNA or CMA or related experience preferred. One (1) year Hospital clerical experience is preferred.
Other Required Skills/Experience:
Basic Life Support certification or higher preferred.
Applicants must successfully complete unit secretary course and training within 90 days of hire.
Work ShiftNight (United States of America)
Facility1510 Richland Hospital
Department15106547 Hartwell Suite
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website