Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryResponsible for transporting patients to and from various units/departments within the hospital. This individual is responsible for assuring quality care while enroute.
- Receives and documents patient transportation assignments. Each day set a goal to transport three patients per hour. Fills out all appropriate documentation; admitting log, sign-in book, nursing station log and trip tickets. Performs telephone activities satisfactory.
- Transport patients, via wheelchairs, stretcher, bed, mobilizer, wagon or accompaning via ambulation; with attached special apparatus inclusive of intravenous solutions, drainage systems, chest tubes and oxygen.
- Successfully completes all training requirements as outlined in the department orientation program. Attends inservice education and scheduled departmental staff meetings.
- Knowledgeable of fire and disaster procedure and codes, including location and operation of fire extinguishing equipment. Knows appropriate action to take in the event a patient becomes distressed. Reports accidents, unusual occurrences and complaints to the appropriate individual.
- Assist in maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Conforms to all requirements of policy, procedure and rules of behavior. Represents department, unit and system in an acceptable professional manner.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
High School diploma or equivalent
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Other Required Skills and Experience
Work ShiftEvening (United States of America)
Facility1510 Richland Hospital
Department15107253 Patient Transportation
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website