Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryResponsible and accountable for accurate and timely follow up of all patient and customer requests received. Ensures accounts are followed up on in a timely manner with diligent focus on all including increased focus on aged and high dollar accounts. Ensures appropriate reimbursement is remitted by all payers with payment amount(s) from payers being correct and posted to accounts. Responsible for working with other departments when issues arise such as missing payments, payer delays, and technical denials, as well as requests and complaints related to billing. Demonstrates exceptional relationships with external payers and internal departments in accordance with Prisma Health Standard of Behaviors and Compliance. Accountabilities
- Analyzes account based on incoming calls from patients , third party payers, and other Prisma Health departments. Utilizes all appropriate department greeting, script, and HIPAA verification tools as well as superior listening skills to ensure highest level of customer service is provided. Utilizes all appropriate account actions, billing indicators and completes appropriate and concise account notes on every account preparing for next steps and/or resolution
- Performs daily duties related to customer service in a manner that constantly drives the patient request towards resolution. Understands, interprets and applies payer remittance, registration information, and payments to accounts appropriately. Understands and communicates Prisma Health procedures as well as federal billing and financial assistance guidelines to all customers as appropriate..
- Escalates accounts internally when appropriate, as well as involving the patient in accordance with the Prisma Health escalation guidelines in order to keep AR aging at acceptable levels.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills necessary for developing and maintaining positive professional relationships with all customers including patients, team members, revenue cycle departments, clinical and corporate departments, payers, and industry organizations..
- Identifies trends and repeated problems in patient billing, MyChart information, and phone system issues to management
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, in-service meetings, current literature and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Actively contributes to PFS department matrix. Effectively utilizes time and resources, assisting co-workers as time allows
- Productivity and Quality of work must be met. Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems and owns/acts on quality problems.
- All policies and procedures will be strictly adhered to. HIPAA, security, dress code, etc. will be conscientiously followed. Understands, promotes and adheres to all matters of compliance with laws and regulations. High level demonstration of the Standard of Behaviors
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information with others and has good listening skills
- High school or equivalent required
- 1 year in a healthcare business office setting or with direct patient contact experience preferred. 3 years non- healthcare related customer service (Retal, Banking, Cashier) Customer Service call center experience is also preferred.
- This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Location1200 Colonial Life Blvd
Department70019280 Patient Account Services-Midlands
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website