Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThe RN-Clinical Quality Analyst is responsible for carrying out the duties associated with quality performance improvement and data analysis through the deployment of a collaborative, proactive approach to quality, safety and efficiency. The RN-Clinical Quality Analyst is a member of the quality team engaged in the Clinical Analytics work efforts that support Clinical Quality, Patient Safety and Outcomes across the organization. The analyst possesses operational knowledge of new and installed clinical departments and systems and demonstrates proficiency in working with many clinical applications. The position demonstrates expertise in technical problems, needs analysis and solution development in addition to clinical expertise; all necessary in fostering user collaboration and buy in. The analyst also supports the work of the service lines and care redesign teams and will develop clinical expertise in a specialty area (ie: cardiovascular). The RN-Clinical Quality Analyst works with leadership and team members to bring forth data and information to aid in defining problems and devising solutions and results monitoring. The RN-Clinical Quality Analyst supports advanced clinical quality inquiry leading to ad hoc report generation and further investigative analysis, often leading to new clinically relevant information used to improve quality, safety, service and growth. The position facilitates the establishment of a data driven culture in the clinical quality and operational areas. Coordinates completion of medical staff quality reports to include ongoing professional practice evaluation (OPPE) reports and related functions in accordance with the requirements of accrediting and regulatory bodies.
The RN-Clinical Quality Analysts works in partnership with nursing, physicians, service line and ancillary leaders across ambulatory, acute and post-acute settings and is an active member in quality related committees focusing on improving care and outcomes. The position further supports the campus/site clinical and operational leadership team, Subject Matter Experts (SME), stakeholder groups and ad hoc teams on quality and clinical data analytics. The role leverages campus/affiliate/site-specific system communication and committee forums to ensure mechanisms for reporting and information sharing.
- Partner with leaders of the organization in the development and revision of performance indicators and monitoring. Perform data analysis and synthesize clinical and administrative data from multiple sources into meaningful summary reports and presentations to all levels within the organization. - 30%
- Prepare comparative analysis by accurately aggregating and summarizing data in statistical and/or graphical formats for review by clinical and operational leaders; demonstrate ability to merge clinical with other types of data, database creation and management; maintain data metrics and provide reports and summaries for committees, meetings and other administrative medical staff needs. - 25%
- Work with statistical data to create advanced charts, tables and graphs at the department, service line, facility or organizational level; maintain data metrics, report variances and provide dashboards and summaries for committees, meetings and other administrative medical staff needs. - 15%
- Work independently and effectively with interdisciplinary teams to correlate data from quality improvement activities to include problem identification, investigation and resolution as well as monitoring and trending patterns of care. - 10%
- Coordinate and support medical staff quality and clinical peer review functions in accordance with identified standards; provide support for data collection and analysis, including the ongoing systematic screening of data sources and special studies to evaluate patient care quality and impact of corrective actions taken; coordinate completion of medical staff quality reports to include ongoing professional practice evaluation and focused professional practice evaluation (OPPE & FPPE) reports and related functions. - 20%
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education - Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or related health science discipline.
Experience - Three years of Healthcare related experience. One year related experience with data abstraction /data management and assessment of measure performance preferred.
Optional: In lieu of three years of experience, will accept Master's degree in a related healthcare field and one year of experience in data management, data analytics and reporting.
RN licensure for South Carolina
Other Required Skills/Experience
- Demonstrated success working effectively in situations where need to use strong leadership skills to achieve the expected result. Excellent written, verbal and multi-media skills. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines. Strong project planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data processes to improve accuracy, efficiency, and productivity of data entry and reporting.
- Basic understanding of data collection strategies, data display methods, basic statistical process and performance improvement concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database)
- Data entry and mathematical skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Department70019265 Quality Outcomes & Value Based Care
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website