Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryProvides clinical direction for all aspects of patient care in an acute inpatient setting, fostering patient/family centered care. Demonstrates clinical competency utilizing evidence based practices/research in al areas of the nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and outcomes. Incorporates knowledge of safety protocols, cost containment and quaility improvement throughout the nursing process. Identifies patient, unit and organizational priorities and incorporates into the nursing process.
Adheres to all compliance and policy/procedures of the organization including, but not limited to: licensure renewal, assigned training, employee health screenings, time and attendance poilicy, dress code policy, patient confiendtiality, infection control, medication administration. Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory agency requirements (TJC, DHEC, CMS). Provides care within the scope of the South Carolina Nurse Practice Act.
The acute inpatient setting usually requires staff to be scheduled for a significant amount of shift, weekend, holiday, and on-call work.
- Advocates for translation of evidence based practice with a strong focus on the patient-centered team-based care model.25%
- Collaborates with and mentors nursing team members through the integration of evidence based practice into current nursing practice. 5%
- Facilitates utilization of evidence based practice and research in conjunction with the nursing staff. 10%
- Facilitates the implementation of interdisciplinary care coordination to enhance patient-centered care delivery model. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with other disciplines regarding the implementation of the patient centered care model.10%
- Supports patient-centered care structures, processes, and teams in meeting goals and outlining process improvements. 15%
- Conducts nursing inquiry and ongoing surveillance of bedside teams to identify opportunities for reducing variation in practice and increasing nursing time at the bedside. Supports nursing areas (unit, department, or system) in the development of action plans to reduce variation and increase nursing time at the bedside.10%
- Stays current on new development, legislation, and best practices to identify opportunities for nursing to improve in overall efficiency and effectiveness. 5%
- Seeks opportunities to spotlight nursing through publications of achievements.10%
- Mentors Doctorate of Nursing Practice students on projects related to nursing. 10%
Doctorate Nursing Practice
5 years nursing experience
3years clinical experience in leadership and research
SC RN, and BLS
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Ability to analyze complex process structure quickly
Ability to think analytically, independently, and objectively
Ability to interpret and communicate data/information effectively
Basic computer skills
Proficient computer skills (database,word processing, spreadsheets)
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationGreer Medical Campus
Facility1004 Greer Memorial Hospital
Department10046354 Medical/Surgical Nursing
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website