Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Women's Education Department, teach various women's health education classes for Prisma Health such as Prepared Childbirth Classes, Siblings, and Getting Ready for Baby, etc. May also provide tours of the OB areas. May also be asked to assist in coordinating special programs from the Women's Education Department and to assist with curriculum development.
Adheres to all compliance and policy and procedure requirements of the organization including but not limited to: licensure renewal, assigned training, employee health screenings, time and attendance policy, dress code policy, patient confidentiality, infection control, medication administration. Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory agency requirements (JCAHO, DHEC). Provides care within the scope of SC Nursing Practice Act.
Staffing will be required on nights and weekends.
Labor and Delivery experience preferred for Childbirth Education.
- Teach assigned Education classes based on community education needs (nights and weekends).
- Structures class based on the needs/questions of the class participants.
- Implementation and presentation of materials on the assigned topics for the specific class
- Receive evaluation and feedback from class participants regarding materials presented, accommodations, the use of AV to enhance learning , etc.
- Assess the need for and assist with the updating of curriculum on assigned courses
- Adheres to system and departmental policies and procedures, adheres to safety, environmental and infection control standards. Practices within the parameters of the SC Nurse Practice Act and within guidelines of all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Personal Accountability: Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standard guidelines, state statutes, family policies, procedures, rule and regulations and current specific knowledge. Maintains competency through education and professional activities.
This is a non-management job that report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education - Associate's Degree in Nursing
Experience - 2 years in Nursing
SOUTH CAROLINA LICENSED RN - REGISTERED NURSE (Lawson Code NLRN)
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
Team members employed in this job prior to July 1, 2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements. In addition, team members must be certification eligible and will have one year to obtain required certification.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
Work ShiftVariable (United States of America)
Facility1510 Richland Hospital
Department15107200 Women's Education
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website