Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThis position performs duties necessary to treat patients in accordance with the physician's order and departmental policy. Works independently in all Intensive Care units and critical care settings. Consults with physicians and other personnel and makes recommendations on treatment as appropriate. Must possess skills necessary to treat patients of all ages to include infants, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Acts independently to perform respiratory therapy general and critical care procedures in accordance with the physician's order, departmental policy, and Respiratory Care guidelines or protocols. - 20%
- Able to obtain blood gasses from all sites. Analyzes and reports results accurately. - 10%
- Able to initiate, monitor and manage patients requiring all types of invasive and non-invasive mechanical ventilation. 20%
- Able to initiate and manage all types of airways and associated equipment. - 10%
- Accurately and completely documents and charges for all respiratory care procedures and tasks and provides patient and family education as appropriate. - 10%
- Effectively communicates with all members of the healthcare team to include students and nurse shadows. Provides an accurate and complete report. Makes recommendations as appropriate. Communicates well with supervisors, coordinators, or those acting in lieu of the above. - 10%
- Adheres to infection control and quality initiatives. Performs appropriate cleaning/disinfection and sterilization of equipment between patients as indicated by equipment type and isolation status. - 10%
- Acts as a good steward of resources, including supplies, time/productivity.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, manager, director, or executive.
Graduate of a school for Respiratory Therapy approved by the American Medical Association or a successor accrediting authority OR eligible for license in the state of South Carolina or a senior student graduating in the next 3 months.
Must be licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in South Carolina OR be eligible for licensure in the state of South Carolina OR a senior student graduating in the next 3 months. BLS required. NBRC credentials must be maintained. Employees hired prior to June 2016 may be a Certified Respiratory Therapist.
Employees hired prior to June 2016 may be a Certified Respiratory Therapist.
Individuals hired from June 2016 on must pass the Therapist Multiple Choice Exam at the Registered Therapist cut score and take the Clinical Simulation Exam within 6 months of graduation. If the team member does not pass the clinical simulation exam during the first 6 months of employment they will be terminated from Prisma Health.
NRP and PALS required in the Children's Hospital prior to working independently in the NICU and PICU.
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Other Required Skills and Experience
Must be able to effectively work in a team environment. Strong communication, computer and organizational skills required.
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Facility1570 Tuomey Hospital - Payroll Only
Department15707135 Respiratory Care Services
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website