Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPerforms a variety of clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care Scope of Practice
- Patient Assessment and Documentation: Collect and review appropriate information and data by EMR review, physical examination and patient interview. Determine appropriate therapy and goals. Recommend collection of pertinent data and perform diagnostic testing. Monitor and assess patient response to therapies and interventions. Explain planned therapy, medications including typical effects, side effects, frequency of use and goals to patient and/or family. Communicate information to health care team verbally and via EMR. 20%
- Airway Care and Suctioning: Care provision according to type. Placement, maintenance/cleaning or change tracheal airway devices. Assist with endotracheal intubations, reposition and monitoring of endotracheal tube; extubation by physician order or by protocol. 15%
- Bronchial hygiene: Perform all treatment modalities. Provide patient instruction to include the use of teaching aids. Modify technique to meet patient need and comfort while ensuring effective therapy is delivered.15%
- Deliver oxygen, humidity and alternative gases via all modalities. Perform mechanical ventilation both invasive and non-invasive. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of modes of ventilation; graphics interpretation and application to patient requirements. Monitor to ensure conformance with physician orders. Assess patient response and make recommendations; utilize protocol to secure orders for or make modification to attain patient comfort/synchronicity and ventilation/oxygenation needs. Attend physician rounds, maintain physical presence in assigned unit(s) and notifies nursing personnel of contact information if necessary to leave area unattended. 20%
- Support activities of RCS. Cleaning/disinfection and sterilization of equipment to include retention of all reusable items. Remove from service malfunctioning or questionable performance devices and enter maintenance requests. 15%
- Demonstrate professional standards, complete all job responsibilities while maintaining quality, speed and volume. Assist other care team members. Positive role model during orientation of new staff, clinical education and mentoring of students. Attend meetings and use resources and communications to maintain up to date knowledge of processes and improvements. 15%
Graduate of an approved Respiratory Care Program
SC RCP and NBRC RRT
Work ShiftNight (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10087143 Childrens Hospital-Respiratory
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website