Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryThe Staffing One Solution Option 3 Registered Nurse has the responsibility for providing direct and indirect nursing care to assigned patients. Works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Nurse Manager or designee but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills. Manages complex clinical situations for which he/she is responsible. Nurses assigned to this job code have committed to accept temporary floating assignments where they will work at least 48 hours per pay period (scheduled as two 12-hour shifts per week). Nurse will be prescheduled to work in more than one inpatient service line/skill set.
- Assessment: Collects patient data and completes required forms with appropriate responses according to unit standards; identifies patient's overt problems/needs and sets priorities; identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up; interprets and records latest diagnostic results.*
- Planning Care: Develops a plan of care based on nursing process and which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs; includes the patient/family in developing or revising the plan of care; makes referrals to multidisciplinary support services.*
- Implementing/Managing Care: Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards; provides correct treatments/procedure and other care as prescribed and according to patient care standards; demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and needs of patients served; explains nursing procedures in appropriate forms; provides discharge teaching; identifies emergency situations and takes appropriate action; acts as coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted; understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and identifies mechanisms for management of ethical issues in patient care.*
- Evaluation: Records patient care delivered as planned and any variation, with appropriate rationale.*
- Leadership: Using nursing process, delegates nursing care to appropriate personnel; integrates cost effective measures into nursing practice; recognizes unit problems and takes responsibility for documenting same; demonstrates active participation in QI processes; complies with hospital expectations to meet staffing demands based on patient care needs; complies with policies addressing safe working conditions; monitors unsafe working conditions; recognizes inappropriate patient care management and refers to immediate supervisor; fulfills call for unit as assigned and completes under supervision unit tasks specified as leadership role responsibilities with appropriate documentation.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing program and approved by the South Carolina State Board of Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent, acute care nursing experience.
- RN currently licensed in South Carolina. BLS certification is required.
Work ShiftNight (United States of America)
LocationBaptist Pickens St
Facility1500 Midlands Corporate
Department15009586 Internal Resource Pool - Licensed
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website