Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryCompletes all functions related to performing an ultrasound study, including patient instruction, appointment scheduling, ultrasound equipment maintenance, ultrasound examination and result form completion.
- Provides explanation to patient regarding ultrasound procedure. - 15%
- Performs ultrasound study, completes study finding on proper form(s), mails findings to referring agency (if indicated) and informs physicians of abnormalities during examination. - 45%
- Files ultrasound report in patient's medical record. - 10%
- Maintains ultrasound equipment in working order. Orders and stocks all ultrasound supplies. - 5%
- Performs and completes necessary reports for non-stress testing, as needed. - 5%
- Maintains ultrasound and non-stress testing rooms. - 10%
- Prepares patients for physician, obtains vital signs and assists during examination, as requested. - 10%
- GENERAL JOB EXPECTATIONS:
- Participates in educational programs and in- service meetings.
- Maintains established Practice policies and procedures, objectives and safety standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
This is a non-management job that will report to a supervisor, director or executive.
Associate's Degree - Radiology, Ultrasound
No Previous Experience required. 1 Year of Clinical Experience Preferred
Required Certifications, Registries, Licenses
Credentialed Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
In Lieu Of
Team members employed in this job prior to 11/08/2020 are grandfathered under prior educational and experience requirements.
Other Required Skills and Experience
Basic Computer Skills
Knowledge of office equipment (fax/copier)
Patient Equipment (Vitals, Suction, Defib)
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
Location2 Medical Park Rd Richland
Facility3300 Family Medicine Administration
Department33761000 OBGYN 2 Med Park 107-Practice Operations
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website