Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryPlans and implements specific treatment programs for individual patients according to principles and practices of speech language pathology. Participates in operational and clinical functions for the department, hospital and corporation. Provides direction and assistance to Clinical Fellowship Year Candidates, Speech Language Pathologists, Speech Pathology Students, and Therapy Aides in the area of patient care. Complies with laws and regulations of appropriate state and federal agencies and Joint Commission guidelines. An advanced level of clinical and interpersonal skills are required. Behaviours that support the purpose statements of the department and hospital are expected.
Performs appropriate initial speech therapy evaluations and re-evaluations and designs a speech therapy plan of care: 25%
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of diagnoses/conditions seen in speech therapy and within the specific program or location
- Selects, performs, and interprets the results of ST examinations of speech/language, cognition-communication, oral motor, voice, and swallowing
- Accurately performs and interprets standardized evaluations as determined by appropriateness of the patient
- Identified actual or potential problems that would impact the ST treatment plan as well as the overall patient plan of care
- Establishes specific treatment goals based on the results of the initial assessment
- Designs the treatment plan appropriate for the patient's age, educational level, and cultural background
- Designs the plan for intervention that is coordinated and integrated with other services
- Revise the treatment plan as appropriate
Implements and manages a specific and comprehensive treatment plan, and participates in patient discharge planning: 15%
- Demonstrates advanced working knowledge of various Speech Therapy techniques with flexibility and creativity in the implementation of these therapy techniques
- Interacts regularly with others involved in the patient's care to incorporate an interdisciplinary treatment approach for coordinated quality care
- Demonstrates awareness and use of proper safety measures regarding the patients, others in the treatment area and self
- Reassesses patient status in response to treatment and goal achievement, redefines problems and modifies goals and treatments as indicated
- Provides information regarding discharge and follow-up services which may include a referral to other community resources
Actively participates in patient and family education process: 10%
- Provides education and training to patients, families, and caregivers regarding diagnoses, progress, and long-term functional outcomes
- Completes the Plan of Care and Patient/Family Education Documentation
- Teaches, counsels, and communicates with the patient/family/caregiver educational information related to the patients diagnosis/condition
- Provides educational material to patients/families as indicated
Complies with departmental policies for documentation: 10%
- Documentation is in compliance with the chart review audit components.
- Documents all aspects of assessment, planning, treatment, and discharge in the medical record in a legible and timely manner.
- Goals are appropriate and measurable within a specified time frame.
- Treatment notes are clear, succinct, and contain information regarding treatment progression.
- Appropriate abbreviations and medical terminology are utilized
Department and team responsibilities: 10%
- Attends staff meetings, team meetings, and mandatory in-services as scheduled.
- Initiates and manages assignments in a timely and thorough manner.
- Assists with care and maintenance of departmental equipment and supplies.
- Completes charge/productivity documentation and enters charges in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrates willingness to assist and is respectful of the rights of other team members.
- Complies with department policies and procedure
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that support the purpose statement of Prism Health and demonstrates good judgement in selecting the proper mode of communication which conveys a favorable image of the therapy department and Prisma Health
- Assumes any additional team/department responsibilities as assigned by department leadership
- Provides supervision/mentorship to Speech language Pathologists, Clinical Fellowship Year Candidates and Therapy Aides
- Exercises sound judgment in delegating task to Speech Therapists and Therapy Aides
- Provides feedback on performance in a professional, tactful and beneficial manner
- Provides supervision to Speech Therapy students as assigned
- Participates in student orientation and provides effective learning experiences, feedback and timely evaluation
- Meets the team/department productivity standards
- Complies with the established standards of efficient scheduling to maintain appropriate levels of productivity
Achieves Annual Goals: 10%
- Establishes annual goals related to stated corporate and department initiatives
- Provides supporting information related to the progress made toward achieving established annual goals
- Actively supports corporate leadership initiatives
- Conscientiously seeks consultation or supervision
Master' Degree in Speech Language Pathology
Pediatric Experience Preferred
In Lieu Of
In lieu of licensure and CCC only, will accept SC Intern Certificate during Clinical Fellowship (i.e. Supervised Professional Employment).
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
- South Carolina Speech Therapy License (Lawson code LCCC)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Demonstrated clinical competency based on patient's age
Effective at Data Conversion
Work ShiftDay (United States of America)
LocationBaptist Easley Med Campus
Facility1015 Baptist Easley Hospital
Department10346182 Speech Therapy-Main St
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website