ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Schedule: 630-5pm or 830-5pm
Pool/As Needed - no Benefits
The Surgery Scheduler schedules procedures supporting the Departments of PHC Surgical Services and Department of Anesthesia.
- Schedules procedures into EPIC completing all necessary fields with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy, in a timely manner.
- Enters surgical (postoperative) data and patient charges/billing information, into EPIC in accordance with hospital four day billing window.
- Verifies all patient charges/bills are accounted for daily.
- Validates pricing with OR Buyers in Materials Management department, that pricing is correct for “bill only“implants, supplies and outside services (i.e. laser and neural monitoring fees).
- Schedules procedures into EPIC for physician case request via On-Base, electronic fax orders sent through for Physician offices not yet on EPIC (OMH/WMH OR and GI Lab).
- Coordinates with vendors to make sure all special equipment, supplies, implants, and equipment needs are ordered and available at time of surgical procedure.
- Notifies appropriate suppliers/personnel/departments regarding schedule changes or potential problems with orders in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Medical terminology preferred
- Experience as a Surgery Scheduler within an Ambulatory or Hospital Surgical Services based environment required
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website