Prosperity Home Mortgage, LLC is a full service mortgage banker specializing in residential and refinance loans. We provide a wide array of products, programs and services throughout the home financing process. Prosperity Home Mortgage is looking for an experienced Mortgage Loan Underwriter to join our team.
The Underwriter supports the Production Underwriting Staff (Senior UW, Staff UW and UW) by reviewing all credit, asset, income and collateral documentation to coach the Underwriter to a sound credit decision based on PHM's policies. This position has minimal credit decision responsibilities.
- Provide team members with mentoring and guidance to further develop skills
- Analyze appraisal, income, asset and employment source documents. Review submitted loan file data and documents for adherence to investor and lender policies for new loans
- Suspense, Deny, Counter Offer, or Approve with Conditions loan files that have been submitted. Indicate documents have been reviewed and are ready for investor delivery
- Data Entry as it relates to Input quality submission and appraisal, income, asset and employment source documentation
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- 5 or more years underwriting experience and 4 or more years of Consumer lending experience required
- Experience in an environment where scoring models were used to guide judgments preferred
- Underwrite FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional first mortgages. DE and SAR designations preferred
- Minimum 2 years recent or current experience in production underwriting required
- One or more years of back-end collections experience with consumer lending institution required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Must be able to work overtime and some weekends as needed
Apply on company website