In collaboration with the Center Manager, the Center Supervisor will oversee the daily operations of the local community on-site services business line. The selected candidate will support the team in meeting the company established revenue targets. In addition, the candidate will collaborate with local center management and support teams in assuring coverage for all VRS and On-site jobs.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and implement local on-site business and marketing plans to achieve annual revenue goals.
- Identify and solicit new business prospects in the center's catchment area.
- Partner with operational management and support teams to evaluate the feasibility of contract sales and service delivery
- Interact with existing customers to increase sales of the company's products and services
- Direct the preparation of proposals, negotiation of contracts, and administration of commercial and government contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements
- Work directly with the Center Manager and the Business Development Team to assure effective daily operations of Purple's local on-site services.
- Create, analyze and provide reports for the local on-site interpreting business line
- Coordinate the onboarding of new agencies and independent contractors in the local area as needed to support the on-site interpreting business line; coordinate training of new independent contractors and agencies to Purple processes.
- Review and approve all interpreter/agency invoices and customer billing.
- Oversee effective operations practices, processes, and policies for the effective delivery of on-site interpreting services
- Create and provide monthly reports to customers per contract guidelines.
- Meet or exceed key performance indicators
- Facilitate communications with practitioners and customers
- Research local community business practices in new markets.
- Conduct and participate in a variety of meetings including regular staff meetings and departmental sales strategy meetings.
- Provide support as needed on the VRS center floor.
- Assist the Center Manager as needed on center projects, initiatives, recruiting, and provide backup support when the Center Manager is out.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- 1-year supervisory experience in a Customer Service/Sales environment preferred
- Experience scheduling practitioners to meet customer requests
- Ability to communicate extensively and effectively through a variety of channels, including email and the Internet; and to present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, managers, and the community.
- Skilled in using specialized software related to departmental operations including database, Internet, spreadsheet, instant messaging, presentation, and word processing programs.
- American Sign Language (ASL) proficiency, extensive knowledge of the deaf culture, and familiarity with products and services that support the communications needs of deaf people preferred.
- Time management skills to handle multiple, competing priorities and work effectively under pressure.
- Familiar with the interpreting industry to include history, trends, technology, business practices, and procedures
- Sales skills for developing and cultivating contacts, and building business relationships
- Flexible and enthusiastic willingness to work with constant change
- Demonstrated team building and people management skills
- Ability to identify and direct priorities per business needs
- Attentive to detail when planning and organizing projects
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
- Human relations skills to build effective working relationships with company staff, contractors, customers, community groups and individuals
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (40-60%)
- Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and pager requiring close vision (40-60%)
Work is performed in a business office environment. Some weekend and after-hours work may be required. Some travel to company, customer and vendor sites, including some that are out of state may be required.
Apply on company website