Under the supervision of the Communication Center Manager, the Interpreter will provide high quality professional American Sign Language interpreting on-site at various customer locations when needed. Interpreters must possess fluent American Sign Language and spoken English language skills, accurate interpreting skills, and thorough knowledge of and adherence to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct.
- Must be able to work at least two hours per quarter
- Must pass the company's interpreting skills assessment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide effective onsite interpreting for consumers
- Support and model the company's mission and values
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a respectful and professional attitude with customers and colleagues
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including punctuality and preparedness for shifts, respectful and collaborative interaction with colleagues and supervisors, and timely and accurate record keeping
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the company
- Participate in company-sponsored training for Professional Development
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to independently travel. Where driving is required, access to a vehicle, valid driver's license and required insurance.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in all settings
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Fluent ASL and spoken English language skills
- Able to provide accurate interpretation
- Good understanding of Deaf culture
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct
- Three to five years of experience in interpreting (preferred but not required)
- As applicable, state licensure or state required credentials
- You must be 18 years or older to apply
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees for this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website