Under the supervision of the Communication Center Manager, the Interpreter will provide high quality professional American Sign Language interpreting through video in a call center. Interpreters must possess fluent American Sign Language and spoken English language skills, accurate interpreting skills, and thorough knowledge of and adherence to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct.
- Must be able to work 10 hours per month
- Must pass the company's interpreting skills assessment
- Must attend and successfully complete a 40 hour New Hire Training
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide effective video relay service and video remote interpreting for consumers
- Support and model the company's mission and values
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a respectful and professional attitude with customer and colleagues
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including punctuality and preparedness for shifts, respectful and collaborative interaction with colleagues and supervisors and timely and accurate record keeping
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the company and all FCC regulations
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new and changing technologies
- Multi task between interpreting effectively and utilizing video
- Participate in company sponsored training for Professional Development
- Exhibit the ability to meet performance expectations with minimal supervision
- Possess the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in all settings
- Onsite interpreting for consumers will be offered based on business need but is not required. Where driving is required for onsite work, access to a vehicle, valid driver's license and required insurance is necessary.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Fluent ASL and spoken English language skills
- Able to provide accurate interpretation
- Good understanding of Deaf culture
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct
- Three to five years experience in interpreting (preferred but not required)
- As applicable, state licensure of state-required credentials
- You must be 18 years or older to apply
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees for this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website