The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can't imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Our team is a collection of extremely passionate engineers who are riding the cutting edge of cloud computing and web scalability. We organize and sort terabytes of data and develop solutions used by millions of users every day. We design tools that make sophisticated research simple. Our teams are empowered to choose technologies that are best to solve each problem. In our collaborative culture, you find plenty of opportunities to impact our full-stack product; from Web & mobile UI to data visualization & analysis to microservices APIs to data storage & processing.
As a Manager, Software Engineering you will guide one or more teams of engineers in building simple solutions to solve hard scalability problems. You will drive product or platform development from roadmap planning through engineering execution to production operations. While managing employees you will also get your hands dirty by executing actual engineering tasks.
In addition, you will:
- Own engineering roadmap for the product and work with stakeholders to build quarterly plans
- Actively manage team or teams of employees, gathering and providing candid feedback, mentoring and coaching individuals and delegating appropriately
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on timely schedules
- Drive planning meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience in hiring and managing teams of engineers
- Proven track record of successful project planning and execution
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documents, architecture reviews)
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
Currently accepting applications and creating a talent pool, however, this role is not anticipated to be offered and started until Q2 2023 or later.
Apply on company website