The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can't imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
XM Discover provides a deep understanding of customers and employees by evaluating the actual words they use. The industry's leading AI-powered speech and text analytics engine analyzes all feedback and conversations at scale to reveal topics, perception of effort, emotion, empathy, sentiment, reasons for actions, intent and more. Insights from XM Discover are used to build a more holistic experience management (XM) strategy and stronger relationships with employees and customers as a result.
As a member of the XM Discover Platform scrum development team, you will be collaborating with other progressive engineers to bring our software to the next levels of scalability, performance, security, and functionality. This stack processes very large amounts of data using a variety of open-source technologies such as Java, Elastic, Kafka, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Jenkins, Ansible, and others. In this role there is lots of opportunity for growth - you will start with responsibility for both story-level and epic-level work, and broaden out from there. As with all of our engineering roles, you will have influence on design and implementation and will be able to both mentor and be mentored.
As a Manager, Software Engineering you will guide one or more teams of engineers in building simple solutions to solve hard scalability problems. You will drive product or platform development from roadmap planning through engineering execution to production operations. While managing employees you will also get your hands dirty by executing actual engineering tasks.
In addition, you will:
- Own engineering roadmap for the product and work with stakeholders to build quarterly plans
- Actively manage team or teams of employees, gathering and providing candid feedback, mentoring and coaching individuals and delegating appropriately
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on timely schedules
- Drive planning meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience in hiring and managing teams of engineers
- Proven track record of successful project planning and execution
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documents, architecture reviews)
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
Apply on company website